Samstag, 8. August 2015

In the garden, August 7

What a lovely sunny week we spent in the garden! The Scandinavian summer finally returned an we could eat several meals outside. I tried to be outside as much as possible, however, one day I stayed inside to unpack a dozen of boxes and now my "atelier" is ready for any creative projects (I promise to show you soon!).
This week started with visitors in our garden: Less than 100 meters behind our garden with have a lovely little forest (with blueberries!) and therefore we have frequent visitors from there. However, our visitors just like the roses as much as I - so I brought the remaining flowers in...
The thistles are just starting flowering and the bees are already flying non-stop.
In my little corner with tomatoes and herbs all things are doing very well: The cress is growing and a few green tomatoes let me hope for a mini-harvest out there. I planted some more herbs in a box just in front of our patio. I felt that I need more mediterranean herbs so two thymes, two basils and one oregano are enjoying the their new sunny spot there. The other kitchen herbs are doing fine and I use them a lot. It is such a blessing and joy to pick a little parsley or basil for dinner. My visiting 9 year-old niece is already an herb-expert and she likes to help me. Her favorite task is to find a nice herb-bouquet to top the sallad with or to decorate a yoghurt-dip with.
Nontheless, the sunny weather could not detract from the fact that it is already late summer in Scandinavia. The bright evenings are over, dew is on the lawn every morning and evening - and our apples are getting red cheeks. I am thinking about more details for the garden year to come because soon I'll start with the fall work to prepare a piece of land for next years gardening. For now, I am enjoying what the garden gives us already, picking raspberries and while I am wandering around, thankful and happy for our existing garden, I blink sometimes and see a garden how it could be soon...
Next week I hopefully can share some sketches with you and some details from my garden plans.
My garden notes are inspired by Amanda who shares very inspiring garden notes with us on Soule Mama.

6 Kommentare:

  1. Danke, liebe Barbara für deine, mit Freuden, detaillierte Schilderung des Gartens
    und ich glaube dir auf`s Wort, daß du "Gartenpläne" wälzt und alle Inspirierungen aufnimmst.
    Weiterhin Alles Gute
    Wane

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wie schön Dein Garten ist, wundervoll!!
    Ich möchte Dir aber nur schnell einen Tipp geben, dass Petersilie und Schnittlauch sich nicht mögen und der eine oder andere eingehen wird. Vielleicht musst Du nochmals umpflanzen!!
    Ganz liebs Grüessli, Rita

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Was für ein prächtiger Garten, liebe Barbara!! So schööön, schon jetzt! Auch wenn die Rehe Deine Rosen fressen... sie sind zauberhaft!! Liebe Grüße in den Samstagabend, Nicole

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Du schreibst auch auf Englisch sehr schön. :-) Und der Blick in deinen Garten gefällt mir gut. Ich frieue mich, von deinen Plänen zu lesen. LG!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Oh, das sind doch zauberhafte Besucher - denenn würde ich so einiges verzeihen ;).

    Dein Garten sieht wunderschön aus... nach so kurzer Zeit schon! Beim Betrachten der Bilder wächst mein Wunsch nach einem eigenen Garten gleich noch viel mehr.

    Viele Grüße,
    Heike

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wie schön aus eurem Garten zu lesen! Da gibt es ja bereits so viel! Ein Apfelbaum und Himbeeren! Ich kannmir gut vorstellen, wie es dir in den Fingern juckt, noch mehr nutzbar zu machen!
    Und ich lese von einem Atelier? Hach!
    Viele liebe Grüße,
    Kathrin

    AntwortenLöschen