Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2016

Yarn Along 1/2016: Mittens and a marrying

For the first time I join Ginny's Yarn Along today. I read about the yarn along at Naturmama Caro's blog, she is joining every now and then, and I like the combination of both reading and knitting - it seems to fit me and my interests very well. I am not sure yet wether I'll join weekly or every second week - we will see. However, I am really looking forward the Yarn Along during 2016.

Knitting: I am knitting mittens for my husband. I began in late 2014 an unravelled them several times. Now it seems that I have found the perfect form and size and hopefully the second mitten will be finished soon. Currently we have -12°C (10°F)  and an additional pair of mittens would just be perfect.
I am knittning with a yarn from the Swedish island Öland, parts of the pattern I found in a book about mittens from the Swedish island of Gotland.

Reading: "The Marrying of Chani Kaufman" written by Eva Harris; I am reading the german translation. I got the book at Christmas and as my university class about childrens literature ends soon I am looking forward to read more adult literature again. So far I've read the first pages and I am looking forward to read more soon.

Zum ersten Mal nehme ich heute an Ginnys Yarn Along - Strickkränzchen teil. Ich bin über Naturmama Caros Blog darüber gestolpert, auch sie nimmt immer wieder daran teil und ich finde die Kombination aus Lesen und Stricken so spannend und für mich passend und stimmig. Ob es wöchentlich oder alle vierzehn Tage für mich passt, wird sich zeigen. Ich freue mich jedenfalls auf diese Reihe.

Stricken: Handschuhe für den Mann, die ich schon Ende 2014 begonnen habe und immer wieder aufgetrennt habe. Nun scheine ich die perfekte Form gefunden zu haben und will nun bald auch den zweiten fertig bekommen. Bei -12°C könnten sie gut gebraucht werden.
Die Wolle kommt von der Insel Öland, Teile des Musters habe ich einem Buch über Handschuhmuster auf Gotland entnommen.

Lesen: "Die Hochzeit der Chani Kaufman" von Eve Harris. Ich habe das Buch zu Weihnachten bekommen und nachdem mein Uni-Kurs mit Kinder- und Jugendliteratur nun dem Ende zugeht, freue ich mich auf Erwachsenenliteratur. Ich bin auf den ersten Seiten und es spricht mich bis jetzt sehr an.


8 Kommentare:

  1. Liebe Barbara
    Deine Handschuhe sind wunderschön, besonders bestaune ich die Fähigkeit, mit 2 verschiedenen Farben stricken zu können. Da fehlt mir noch etwas der Mut;)
    Zum genussvollen Lesen komme ich nur wenig, denn die Schulbücher sind momentan sehr präsent;)
    Wünsche Dir weiterhin frohes Stricken und lesen.
    Wenn Du mal Deine Erfahrungen mit far Isle Stricken erzählen könntest, das wäre super;)
    Ganz liebs Grüessli, Rita

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Liebe Rita, das mache ich gerne!
      Ich wünsche dir, dass du bald wieder mehr Zeit zum genussvollen Stricken hast.
      Alles Liebe, Barbara

      Löschen
  2. The gloves look thick and warm. I love the colours.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks Zena! Grey and red are my husbands favorite colors ☺

      Löschen
  3. The mittens look great. I wish we were having a proper winter this year, it is nearly 40 (F) here. Rain in January is terrible. Welcome to the Yarn Along!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Since yesterday we have snow as well, perfect for mittens and winter feeling ☺

      Löschen
  4. Those mittens are wonderful - are they thrummed? THey look so thick and cozy :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Actually the yarn is quite thin, I am knitting with needles no 2. However, the woolen yarn is fluffy and the stranded knitting give some extra volume. Thank you for stopping by andate commenting!

      Löschen